Years of extensive research has shown that connecting to the Earth’s natural energy, by walking barefoot on grass, sand, dirt or rock can diminish chronic pain, fatigue and other ailments that plague so many people today. This connection is referred to as Earthing or Grounding.
Earthing is the practice of having skin contact with the bare earth. Free electrons from the Earth neutralize oxidative stress in the body reducing stress, inflammation, and pain and promoting sleep and muscle recovery.
Share this bundle of images with your social media audience and spread the word about earthing as a natural, free way to heal their bodies.
Inside The Bundle
The Earthing Bundle includes 20 beautiful pieces of visual content:
The process of absorbing Earth’s free-flowing electrons from its surface through the soles of one’s feet.
- What is Earthing?
Earthing (AKA grounding) is the practice of having skin contact with the bare earth. Free electrons from the Earth neutralize oxidative stress in the body reducing stress, inflammation, and pain and promoting sleep and muscle recovery.
- How Should You Earth?
Taking a barefoot walk on soil or sand or simply sitting or lying on the conductive surfaces listed above will confer the benefits of earthing. Just ensure your skin or clothing is in contact with that surface.
- Earthing Indoors
Many indoor grounding products that connect to your electrical sockets are available to buy online. These include grounding bed sheets and mattress pads, mousepads, shoes, and many more. These products may be your best option if you live in a place where outdoor earthing is difficult to do.
- How Earthing Works
- Your body runs through a type of electrical current. The Earth’s negative charges can create a stable internal bioelectrical environment for the normal functioning of all body systems.
- Your body is naturally able to absorb electrical charges from the earth since your skin acts as a conductor. Your fee, specifically certain points in the balls of your feet, are believed to especially be good at receiving the earth’s electricity. But most of us never “ground”.
- Our brain, heartbeat and neurotransmitter activity all rely on electrical signals. So when our electricity if off, so can be certain aspects of our health.
- The Science of Earthing
Learn about the science of earthing on the national institute of health website. Here are some articles to search for:
- The Effect of Grounding the Human Body on Mood
- Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity – A Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease
- The Neuromodulative Role of Earthing
- The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain and Stress
- Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons
- Healing with Earthing
Did you know…ancient healers believed Earth’s energy could be easily absorbed through our skin and through the shoes of our feet? Studies prove earthing (also called grounding) can improve your blood pressure, reduce cortisol, and even help sleep problems. It’s done by reconnecting your body with the free electrons that flow through the Earth’s surface and it’s as easy as walking barefoot outdoors.
- How to Ground or Practice Earthing
Spend 30 minutes walking barefoot on a beach or in the grass. Swim in a lake, river or ocean. Work in the garden without gloves, letting your hands contact with the soil. Sit or lay in the grass or on a beach. SIt in the branches of a tree. Go for a hike or walk in the woods and sit down on a boulder or fallen tree.
- Health Benefits of Grounding
- Improves mood
- Improves sleep
- Reduces pain
- Reduces stress
- Improves wound healing
- Improves immunity
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces jet lag
Grounding or Earthing refers to direct skin contact with the surface of the Earth.
- How Earthing Reduces Stress
- Negative Ions – Research suggests that negative ions from Mother Nature, the earth more specifically, play a role in the feel-good vibes.
- Nervous System – A double-blind study showed earthing activates the parasympathetic nervous system to enhance relaxation.
- Cortisol Levels – A 2004 pilot study resulted in a marked reduction of cortisol levels in earthed subjects, improving sleep and reducing stress levels.
- Earthing is Connecting your Body to the Surface of the Earth
When you are in conductive contact with the Earth, its natural, gentle electrical energy stabilises your body’s bioelectrical systems. The benefits are far-reaching.
- Grounding & Connecting With The Earth
Connected (*photo of bare feet on sand)
Disconnected (*photo of a woman wearing shoes)
Years of extensive research has shown that connecting to the Earth’s natural energy, by walking barefoot on grass, sand, dirt or rock can diminish chronic pain, fatigue and other ailments that plague so many people today. This connection is referred to as Earthing or Grounding.When your bare feet or skin comes in contact with the earth, free electrons are taken up into the body. These electrons could be referred to as nature’s biggest antioxidants and help neutralise damaging excess free radicals that can lead to inflammation and disease in the body.
- The Earth’s energy upgrades one’s physiology by allowing the body to cope and repair thereby promoting wellbeing, vitality and better sleep. It also harmonizes and stabilizes the body’s basic biological rhythms, knocks down (and even knocks out) chronic inflammation and reduces and eliminates associated pain, making it the most natural and powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-aging remedy around! No matter what your age, gender, race or health status you will benefit from a daily dose of Earthing!
- How Can I Experience Earthing Now?
Go barefoot outside for at least 30 minutes and see what a difference it makes on your pain or stress level. Sit, stand, lay or walk on grass, sand, dirt, or plain concrete.These are all conductive surfaces from which your body can draw the Earth’s energy. Wood, carpet, asphalt, sealed or painted concrete and vinyl will block the flow of electrons as they are not conductive surfaces.
Experience for yourself the healing energy of the Earth at work next time you are stressed, in pain or unwell.
- What Earthing Is Not
Earthing has nothing to do with supplements, medication, clinic visits or expensive treatments and is not a magic cure or this week’s celebrity fad! Earthing is safe and natural, for people of all ages, young and old, but it is not medicine or a substitute for medical treatment. If you have a medical condition, see your physician or healthcare provider.
- The Simplest Way To Be Earthed Everyday When You Can’t Get Outside
If walking barefoot on a daily basis is not possible or practical for you, Earthing indoor products are just as effective – from grounding shoes to wrist bands, pillows, sheets or mats – there is an Earthing product to suit your lifestyle and needs.You can easily set up indoor Earthing products around your home or office and you will be able to use them every day, without effort or any downtime, including while you sleep, watch TV, use your computer and even while you meditate.
- How Much Time Do I Need To See Benefits of Earthing
Just like no two people will get the same results when undertaking a fitness or diet program, your results will depend on your circumstances. However, research shows that in just seconds the body’s physiology starts to change with muscles relaxing and returning to normal tension, stress starts to dissipate by calming down the nervous system.Within 30 to 90 minutes you may start to notice a real difference with pain levels, stress, calmness, easier to get off to sleep or just feeling better than before. If you have a long-standing health issue it has been shown that consistent Earthing is more beneficial and any results may take several weeks to be apparent. If you are generally healthy you may not notice much change at all, however, your body is receiving less free radical damage and can therefore heal and repair every night as it is meant to, keeping your body in continual good health and well-being.
- How Do I Know If Earthing Is Working For Me?
Keep a journal when you start Earthing and rate your conditions from 1 to 10 (10 being the worst and 1 being the best). Start journalling the first night you put your Earthing bed sheets on or use your Earthing mat and rate your conditions. Return to the journal the next week and rate your condition again and see if the numbers have improved. Do this over a few months to get a true indication as to your conditions improving.If you are healthy, to begin with, you may not notice any changes, however, rest assured that you are providing your body with a natural electrical nutrient, that it requires to stay well and live long.
- Amazing Health Benefits of Earthing
- Able to release the electrical charge and free radicals we carry around with us all day
- Proper functioning of our bodies
- Can drain stress and tension away
- Able to drain off positive electrical build-up we’ve generated in our bodies
- Can reduce blood pressure and inflammation
- Can regulate our sleep and other body functions
- Able to stable blood-sugar levels
- Can help fight against diseases.