Craniosacral therapy is an alternative healing technique that promotes physical, emotional and mental well-being. Here are some interesting facts you can share with your followers about this unique modality: it is a gentle and noninvasive form of bodywork, it works with the body’s natural rhythms, and it has been known to reduce pain, stress, and tension in the body.
Inside The Bundle
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy is a holistic therapy that involves the manipulation of the skull bones (the cranium) and the sacrum to relieve pain and a variety of other ailments.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy was invented by an osteopath named William G. Sutherland in the 1930s and was later on developed and adapted by Dr. John Upledger.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy is a gentle, non-invasive, hands-on healing modality that focuses on the wave-like rhythmic pulse that goes through the entire body.
- Did you know? – A Craniosacral Therapy practitioner essentially encourages the body to release restrictions that it has been unable to overcome on its own. Rather than deciding how these changes should be made, the therapist follows the body’s response as to how to proceed.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy does no harm when practiced sensitively and respectfully by a trained practitioner.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy is offered as part of the standard training in osteopathy, chiropractic, and rolfing.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy takes a whole-person approach to healing and the interconnections of mind, body, and spirit.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy can be used to treat a variety of conditions: • Alzheimer’s Disease • Autism • Back Pain • Brain Injury • Chronic Fatigue • Colic • Concussion • Dementia • Fibromyalgia • Immune Disorders • Migraines • Neck Pain • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder • Scoliosis • Spinal Cord Injury • Stress
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy can assist the body when healing from any dental work.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy aims to find restriction in the body within the soft tissue.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy is not only an excellent treatment for mothers during their pregnancy, but it is also an excellent way to help couples who are having trouble getting pregnant. Many cases of unexplained infertility in both males and females have been successfully treated using Craniosacral therapy.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy does not involve any spinal manipulations or adjustments but focuses on the use of light-touch therapies to align the structural integrity of the body that is the root cause of many structural and spinal imbalances.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy can open doors to both heart and soul, profoundly changing an individual’s life.
- Did you know? – A Craniosacral Therapy practitioner sense and modify the rhythmic motion of the cerebrospinal fluid as it emanates from the core of the body. This “craniosacral rhythm” travels along fascial pathways to the body’s periphery with tide-like rhythmicity. It is a natural physiologic rhythm, just like the cardiac and respiratory rhythms.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy frees the body to move in a more fluid and natural way while facilitating deep relaxation, vitality, and a profound sense of well-being.
- Did you know? – A Craniosacral Therapist may employ a number of techniques from different healing modalities to assist in rebalancing the integrity of the body. Techniques may include but are not limited to: Myofascial Release Therapy, Positional Release Therapy, Muscle Energy Technique, Polarity Therapy, Acupressure
- Did you know? – Craniosacral Therapy believes that everyone is born with an underlying infinite order of intelligence or “vital force” energy (often referred to as” chi” in Chinese Medicine). This is the same intelligence that keeps your heart beating and runs your body.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy is wonderful for all ages and conditions—from those with severe conditions to those looking for preventive health care.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy assists pregnant women along their journey into mothering by releasing restrictions in the body and pelvis to co-create an optimal birthing experience.
- Did you know? – Craniosacral therapy is a wonderful and gentle bodywork modality for infants, babies, and children. It promotes health, as well as minimizing or eliminating the effects of birth trauma.